Finding the gold plating has worn off your favourite jewellery is not only disappointing it is inevitably wasteful. Once a piece has lost its lustre it may never be worn again and collect dust, eventually hitting the trash. Gold plated and brass jewellery can also be allergenic to those with sensitive skin and ears.
At luxe.zen our intention is to design pieces in a way that is both eco-friendly and beautiful. We strongly believe in designing pieces that last to reduce environmental impact in resource extraction and consumer waste. So we exclusively design our pieces with gold-filled and sterling silver components.
The benefits of gold-filled over gold plating are numerous:
- Gold or Rose Gold is pressure bonded to a base metal to achieve a thick outer layer of solid gold designed to last 15 - 20 years
- Gold fill is tarnish resistant and does not change colour
- Gold fill can be suitable for those with sensitive skin and allergies
- Gold fill looks identical to solid gold but at an accessible price point
- Gold fill can easily be cleaned with a jewellery polishing cloth
Almost all of our items are available in both 14k yellow and rose gold fill - customize your jewellery to fit your intention and style.